Naui Tech class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found an alternative class that i might take through socaltecdivers.com it is a two part class intro to tech, which seems similar to DIR-F, and then tech diver,
http://socaltecdivers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=51

The teacher for at the intro is Bruce Wyrwitzke, does anyone have an opinon on the class? on the instructor? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Drew

Flamebug818:
I am 18 have 80 dives and desire to go into technical diving. I am a Naui Master Diver, Naui Rescue, and Naui Recreational Nitrox. The shop i am probably going to to through, Xtreme scuba in Ventura, is offering a Naui Advanced EANX/Tech 1 class. Is this a good place to start?

Just a quick question: How many of those 80 dives were done outside of your classes?

I'd say go get another 70+ dives under varying conditions at a minimum.

Frankly, there is no reason to take tech courses unless one has a purpose for doing so (diving deep). And, frankly, one's skill set after 80 dives (and at the age of 18) will probably not be enough to get you through Tech 1.

Think in terms of 150 dives, then...

Where are you?

Dan's Dive Shop has a pretty intense training program. My friend is still working on the Intro to Tech course.

If they aren't offering that course at your LDS, you are missing out.

From what their instructor said, you need complete the intro to tech before tech courses.

Is this not the case? I'd hate to have my friend take courses they don't need.

I got my tech certs quite easily withouth any prep courses and learned after I got my certs how to be a good diver.

As of late I became interested in all of the talk about Tech Diving due to the interest of divers in and around my shop and am amazed at the lack of real knowledge in reference to NAUI Tech courses. I am not a TECH instructor, I am a NAUI Tech diver. THERE IS NOT A NAUI TECH 1 Diver, check the standards, page 2.126 defines the introductionto technical diving but IT IS AN iINTRODUCTION; several shops/instructors have approved specialty courses that are their own, and the course is on file at NAUI HQ in the individual's file...these programs are private domain, for more info, contact Tim Leary, NAUI Tech Inst Trainer.

True ... there is not a NAUI Tech 1 Diver certification. There is, however, a combination of NAUI classes that are offered ... collectively ... as a NAUI Tech 1 program. Those classes are Advanced Nitrox, Deco Procedures, and Helitrox. Given the purpose of the training, it makes sense to take these classes together.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

There is, however, a combination of NAUI classes that are offered ... collectively ... as a NAUI Tech 1 program.(Grateful Diver)

Yup,

A little knowledge goes a long way.....

Cheers :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom