Naui Tech class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flamebug818

Reaction score
Southern california all ways want a dive buddy
# of dives
50 - 99
I am 18 have 80 dives and desire to go into technical diving. I am a Naui Master Diver, Naui Rescue, and Naui Recreational Nitrox. The shop i am probably going to to through, Xtreme scuba in Ventura, is offering a Naui Advanced EANX/Tech 1 class. Is this a good place to start?

There is no actual NAUI Tech 1 course, unless that is something the shop threw together which is fairly common to combine the lower level tech classes into a "tech 1". the Adv EANx course is a good place to start however done alone there isn't much benefit to it. I'd start with a combo Adv EANx and Deco procedures, they both compliment each other really well. Not sure of the minimum standards on those courses though. I'll have to check my S&P again on that one.

That sounds like what the place was pitching, it looked like it was a combo advanced eanx and decoproceedures, they said that we wouldn't go beyond 150fsw, but we would do deco with 100% o2

Richard is now offering NAUI? I thought he mostly offered IANTD... I picked up the NAUI advanced nitrox book a few months ago while I was up there. Good book! Much more in depth than the TDI book.

Flamebug818:
That sounds like what the place was pitching, it looked like it was a combo advanced eanx and decoproceedures, they said that we wouldn't go beyond 150fsw, but we would do deco with 100% o2

I would not do a deep air class (e.g. 150ft on nitrox would be deep air). So take NAUI heliox simultaneously. IMHO its a hellava long way from 150ft to 20ft. I'm skeptical of a class not using 50% in this situation.

Interview various potential instructors from a variety of agencies before selecting an instructor (not an agency or course)

Thank you all, yes Richard recently switched and is getting a new instructor, i agree about avoiding Deep air, getting narced is a thing i would really like to avoid. I will get more info about it in near future and i will inquire about the max depth gas mixes and various other things. Thank you all for the advice, do any of you have a recomendation for a dry suit to use with doubles and recreational rigs?

Kangy:
There is no actual NAUI Tech 1 course, unless that is something the shop threw together which is fairly common to combine the lower level tech classes into a "tech 1". the Adv EANx course is a good place to start however done alone there isn't much benefit to it. I'd start with a combo Adv EANx and Deco procedures, they both compliment each other really well. Not sure of the minimum standards on those courses though. I'll have to check my S&P again on that one.

Actually there is NAUI tech1.

In my shop, I offer Naui tech1, Deco procedures, Advanced nitrox and NTEC as 1 combo class. I require 10 dives for this program and it's generally done in 5 dive days and 2 class days.

PM me if interested.

Cheers :D

Mike
Technical Scuba Training Center, FL.

Would that be similar to GUE Tech 1?

Mike Edmonston:
Actually there is NAUI tech1.

In my shop, I offer Naui tech1, Deco procedures, Advanced nitrox and NTEC as 1 combo class. I require 10 dives for this program and it's generally done in 5 dive days and 2 class days.

PM me if interested.

Cheers :D

Mike
Technical Scuba Training Center, FL.

pm sent man.....:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom