NAUI Rescue Diver/Advance Rescue Diver course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Asked this question over in the agency subforum but no replies as yet. Thought I'd ask here too hoping for quicker response.

Getting ready to take this course and I see both of those titles used in the book but for the life of me I've not been able to find out a differentiation between them.

Would greatly appreciate it if someone could enlighten me to their differences.

This is a question we asked NAUI a number of times over the years and it seemed like they didn't even really know the difference. Best we could tell, Advanced Rescue was geared towards those planning to move onto DM and was 2 day course over 1, had a few extra skills, and required oxygen provider cert in addition to just CPR. The course material for both was otherwise the same.

Anyway, seems like NAUI streamlined everything in 2024, eliminating Advanced Rescue and now just off a "Rescue Scuba Diver" course.

This is a question we asked NAUI a number of times over the years and it seemed like they didn't even really know the difference. Best we could tell, Advanced Rescue was geared towards those planning to move onto DM and was 2 day course over 1, had a few extra skills, and required oxygen provider cert in addition to just CPR. The course material for both was otherwise the same.

Anyway, seems like NAUI streamlined everything in 2024, eliminating Advanced Rescue and now just off a "Rescue Scuba Diver" course.
Makes sense, but they use the RSD/ARSD term throughout the current course book (including the title iirc) with no clear differentiation.

Also seems proof of FA, CPR are requisite for getting the card, but not clear on O2

I’d assume the textbook just hasn’t been updated to match the 2024 change, which isn't a big deal because it was always used for both courses.

From pre-reqs listed in 2024 S&P:

"If Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR & First Aid and Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries (EO2)
certification are not offered as part of the course, a current equivalent certification is required."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom