NAUI Instructor Update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

E-diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Howdy again folks,

I've been in contact with a few folks from NAUI about getting back into teaching. They've recommended an Instructor update since it's been over a year since I've taught a course. My question is, has anyone here have any experience with this? I've been scouring the NAUI website for info on the course and haven't had any luck yet. Any additional info, experiences, or recommendations for getting back into teaching would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-E

I did the Naui update a few years ago its just a test similar to the one you take to become an Instructor after taking the test i faxed it over to Naui if you fail they will give you a call back if not your active. After that it up to you what you do I worked with a Course Director in a few pool classes till i got my flow back.
This test can be order through the website. If you can fine a Instructor trainer or Course Director in your area they should be able to help.

Thanks Narced, much appreciated. My original plan was to track down a few active instructors in the area and assist with a class or two just to get back in the swing. Then teach a bit here and there on a part time basis. Sounds like this fits with your recommendation as well, so thanks. I'm looking forward to getting back to it.

-E

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom