NAUI instructor/facility needed in Koh Samui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Due to typhoon rolling through this weekend, I was unable to finish up an OW student who is traveling to Koh Samui next weekend.

I need a NAUI instructor there who will be able to finish up his OW on a universal referral...

I've searched the net a bit so far, thought I'd try here...anyone have a lead....?

I have no personal experience with the universal referral, but from my reading, PADI wants to do the referral backwards to the way the referral was designed.

The design of the system is that the student does academics/pool, etc then goes somewhere to finish OW dives. The packet instructs the students to bring documentation of OW dives back to the initiating instructor from the far-flung referral instructor, so that the original instructor issues the card.

PADI wants to issue the card if they are on the "back end", so my understanding is this can cause some friction. For this reason, I believe PADI does not officially participate in this system (they are not listed as a participating agency on the packet.)

That said, I've found a PADI facility to work with in Koh Samui, though I thoughth a NAUI facility

I have no personal experience with the universal referral, but from my reading, PADI wants to do the referral backwards to the way the referral was designed.
That is true. You might want to give Master Divers a shout. They are SSI.

Jagfish...

funny running into you here... by strange coincidence I just finished a few days on Koh Tao where I was diving with Master Divers.

While they're by no means the biggest or slickest operation on the island, they treated me very well and I can recommend them to your student. They're both PADI and SSI, so through either one of those your student should be able to finish their cert.

However, I think you said that your students going to Samui? So maybe that won't work as MD are on Koh Tao which is a couple of hours ferry ride away. But given the choice I think its worth the trip for them. Koh Tao has some great diving.

Sadly on my way back to Tokyo now... and drysuit diving... <sigh>

You might try Dave Doll at Dave Divers Den in Koh Toh. I know it is now Koh Samui but nothing but a hop skip and jump away. Daves mobile number is 080697226. Dave is a NAUI Instructor Trainer.

andibk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom