Naui instructor application

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randytay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So, the application says application needs proof of financial responsibility (aka insurance) but you can't get insurance yet without the instructor number. How do you go about it?

Thanks. But the form says I need to get insurance before applying for membership, so I'm confused.

further, I worn be getting insurance from NAUI because I will also be teaching for UTD next year (fingers crossed), and NAUI insurance does not recognize/cover UTD.

When I did my IDC, the instructor trainer went online and put my information directly into the NAUI database. There was no form to fill out the first time around, just the signatures. In fact, my instructors certificate issued to me by the instructor trainer has my ID number on it. So if you passed the course and are an instructor, then that ID will be right on your certificate. If you don't have a instructor number assigned to you, then shoot a call over to NAUI. I deal with Corie in member services for application issues like these.

In terms of insurance, they won't give you a card without insurance, thats a big no-no. :(

So you will get a number first, then apply for insurance, then get the card. Is tht correct?

So you will get a number first, then apply for insurance, then get the card. Is tht correct?

Call Membership Services at NAUI they will clarify any questions you have.

Tony Flaris
NAUI 44662

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you complete your ITC you will get an application form to fill out and fax in. As only NAUI Hq can approve an instructor cert until they receive and process the application you can not get instructor insurance. When you fax in the approval you will receive your card and an insurance package at the same time to go active you have to submit the NAUI insurance or proof of insurance from another source. I do also believe that the NAUI insurance covers you to teach for UTD also as it is agency neutral. If you want to start teaching immediately you can fax in the application and ask NAUI services to expedite the processing and get your NAUI insurance form emailed to you for immediate activation. If you have a NAUI DM number your instructor number will be the same.

Thank you for the info. With regards to NAUI Insurance, I was told specifically 2 person, one NAUI CD and a UTD IT that NAUI insurance does not cover UTD because they do not recognize UTD as an agency. The reason is not so much about the courses offer or whether they are safe, it's got to do with some politics.... Thus have I heard. Lol!

I would check with the NAUI insurance carrier directly on the UTD coverage- the coverage is not offered by NAUI directly but by an insurance agent that covers quite a few agencies. The policy sold by NAUI is not agency specific and I do not believe their are any exclusions for UTD courses in it.

When you send in the instructor application(no you don't have insurance yet), NAUI hq will contact you with the insurance application. Once you pay for the insurance, they will send your instructor card.

Back
Top Bottom