NAUI and Diabetics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The classic oral meds to cause hypoglycemia are the sulfonylureas (Glipizide, Glyburide, etc). On the other hand, Metformin is not commonly associated with hypoglycemia and is a better choice -- for diving, that is, as long as it's also the best medication for the diver the other 350 or so days per year. :)
Fortunately for me I'm on Metformin anyway.

I have two passports and under UK law it is termed death by misadventure
I've been hoping the point of your first clause would strike me, but so far I'm afraid I'm mystified....?
As to your second, there is no such thing as "UK law". It's different between Scotland and England, though obviously there's a lot of common ground. In any case I'm not referring to a Coroner's finding but to the verdict in a criminal Court. In England there are two options - Guilty or Not Guilty. In Scotland there is a third option - Not Proven. I'd like to see that available throughout the UK, but it isn't. I'm presuming that Australian law is based on English law so would not offer that option.

Reminds me of a joke. An Englishman arrived at Australian Immigration and was asked "do you have any criminal convictions?". "I'm sorry, I didn't realise it was still required." Apologies to my Australian friends - and relatives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom