Naturagart, Germany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, the trip is getting closer. (this Saturday) :)

Our LDS has chartered a bus to take everybody (45 divers) there, about 3 1/2 hours one way.

The vis should be reasonable now (approx 5m/15 ft).

this looks COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will be looking forward to the pics and report El!

also waiting for the reports and the pics :D

I've mentionned to place to some of my buddies and we're planning a trip there most next march

Some interesting notes on our dive in Naturagart.

20070929-003.jpg

Carts are provided to all divers to transport their gear from the car park to the pool. Doubles would be difficult to transport with this cart however given the size and depth of the pool, they wouldn't be of any real use.

20070929-005.jpg

Since this dive site has only been completed this year, its facilities are not 100% up and running yet. Hence this dressing room. :)

Given the set-up of the pool, you get some interesting differences when comparing computers. My Mosquito logged two dives of 37 and two minutes where as my bottom timer registered only one 55 minutes dive. :)

The visibility and temperature weren't too bad. Approximately six meters (twenty feet), temperature fifteen degrees Celsius (59 degrees Fahrenheit).

20070929-014.jpg

To prevent crowds at the entry and exit points, only a few divers are only allowed to enter the water every five minutes. Your tag is scanned when you enter and when you leave the dive area (time in the water determines your cost: EUR 1,50 per diver per ten minutes)

20070929-022.jpg

You can find plenty of [wiki]Sturgeon[/wiki]s in the pool. Unfortunately, you cannot use a flash (done to avoid scaring the fish away).

Here are a few pics of the statues they've put in.
20070929-016.jpg

20070929-018.jpg

20070929-027.jpg

20070929-028.jpg

Part of the filter system that has been installed all over the pool to keep the water clean.

More photos of this trip can be found in the Photo Gallery.

thanks for the pics

and what did you think of the dive ? is it worth the trip ?

I see that you brought your tanks along, are there any for rent at the park or everyone must bring his own ?

thanks for the pics

and what did you think of the dive ? is it worth the trip ?

I see that you brought your tanks along, are there any for rent at the park or everyone must bring his own ?
Like almitywife said, at this moment it's primarily the novelty factor. In a few years, when they have it all working perfectly (and it isn't raining all day...), we will go back there.

AFAIK, you have to bring your tanks but they can fill them there. It would be best to check with Naturagart themselves.
:callme: +49 5451 593 461 or :envelope: tauchbasis@unterwasserpark.com.

thanks for the info. We are planning a trip there in march, let's hope that the weather won't be as bad in spring.

I'll try to ring them, hopefully someone will speak English because I don't know a world of German.

thanks for the info. We are planning a trip there in march, let's hope that the weather won't be as bad in spring.

I'll try to ring them, hopefully someone will speak English because I don't know a world of German.
If you don't know a world of German, you must not go to Germany. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom