Nassau Dive Site / OP suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coucher85

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for dive site / dive op recommendations for Nassau in April. Flying in on Monday / Flying out on Friday. My wife and I both are OW cert with 13 logged dives. Will be north of 20 in April made up of Florida springs / keys dives.

For a dive Op, look into Stuart Cove's. There are a couple other ops, but they are the "big fish" so to speak. The good news is that they will pick you up at many of the Nassau hotels. The bad news is that you might be on a boat with divers from the cruise ships and tied to their schedule (relatively short dives) especially on your first day. If you explain to them that you are staying at a local hotel, they might put you on a boat with no cruise ship divers which would tend to give you a little more flexibility.

As far as local Nassau dive sites, I would recommend the James Bond Wrecks. Sitting side by side are the "Tears of Allah" boat from "Never Say Never" and the ABS Tubing "skeleton" of the full sized mock-up of an RAF Vulcan Bomber that was "crashed" in "Thunderball".

Another good dive site to hit is the "Ray of Hope" which is a wreck with a healthy population of Reef Sharks.

Have fun and a great trip.

Back
Top Bottom