Narc'ed Diving, just launched NARC'ED TV!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a very cool video.. Thousands of sharks on the wreck. I've never seen anything like that.

Do you disagree? If his first post sparked your interest enough to click on his YouTube page and there was nothing there other than a 5 minute video about himself, would you be likely to check back again? As compared to, say, you click the link and there's a half dozen interesting and useful videos about diving experiences, equipment, tips and techniques, and lessons learned?
I agree completely. Lucky for him, I just saw the post today! Otherwise I probably would have just moved on.

Hopefully you enjoyed and tune back in for more.
I'll give it another shot sometime.

If you're going to run a show, you really need a camera that's not connected to a laptop screen so you can angle it better. You need a separate microphone for good audio and ideally some kind of "staged" background. The first two are far more important though.
I'd get at least a logitech c910 or better (only 55 bucks on amazon) with some kind of mini tripod/gorillapod

The c9xx cameras from logitech have an mpeg encoder chip in the camera. That's a big deal because you'll get high quality video from it regardless of what your computer is doing. If it's busy doing something else or is just slow - you'll have no problems outputting steady 1080p video.

Also some kind of desktop or lapel mic. There's a million on amazon for next to nothing. Probably $20-$30.

If you've got a gopro for diving, you should be able to hook it directly to a computer and use that. Modern gopro's will output some decent 4k video and you can get desktop stands for them or a screw mount adapter and then just a regular stand.

I'll give it another shot sometime.

If you're going to run a show, you really need a camera that's not connected to a laptop screen so you can angle it better. You need a separate microphone for good audio and ideally some kind of "staged" background. The first two are far more important though.
I'd get at least a logitech c910 or better (only 55 bucks on amazon) with some kind of mini tripod/gorillapod

The c9xx cameras from logitech have an mpeg encoder chip in the camera. That's a big deal because you'll get high quality video from it regardless of what your computer is doing. If it's busy doing something else or is just slow - you'll have no problems outputting steady 1080p video.

Also some kind of desktop or lapel mic. There's a million on amazon for next to nothing. Probably $20-$30.

If you've got a gopro for diving, you should be able to hook it directly to a computer and use that. Modern gopro's will output some decent 4k video and you can get desktop stands for them or a screw mount adapter and then just a regular stand.

Thanks for information, yes currently I am just using my iphone and trying to do the list edits as possible to the clips. I wanted a close angle to be able to show the spools not me. Honestly I am more concerned about quality information which people can listen to and use the video as a visual for the explanations. However I will try to up the production quality as a go along so please be patient and welcome ideas on topics you may be interested in, especially from those recreational divers as that is probably 1% of my diving these days.

I loved the spool idea with bungee, have already changed mine cos usually in 5-15 deg so this will help significantly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom