Naragansett Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to be slightly off topic, but how is the diving there normally?

My roommate just showed me this post on spearboard about high levels of bacteria in the bay from sewage run off from the flood.

Naragansett Bay - Spearboard Spearfishing Community

Old news. The water in the Bay is completely exchanged every 3 tides changes. That was from the rain 2 weeks ago. All the beaches are open. I've dived 3 times since the flood.

Sorry to be slightly off topic, but how is the diving there normally?

Terrific come on up I'll give ya the tour.

Thanks AfterDark.

I though the water would be clean but this post was put up yesterday so it brought up a little concern.

Thanks AfterDark.

I though the water would be clean but this post was put up yesterday so it brought up a little concern.

Your welcome when ya going divin'? We'll be at Fort Adams Sunday for the Earth Day cleanup.

I'm going to be diving Fort Wetherill Sunday with a rescue class.

check this link out

Gill net at Ft Adams - Spearboard Spearfishing Community

Thanks for the heads up! I'm planning on diving that very spot after the clenup. Nice spot by the way. I WILL CUT THAT INTO VERY SMALL PIECES. I had to cut someone out of one years ago and its not fun especially in a current. I also thought it was illegal. I dive that spot at night, you think they're hard to see during the day try spotting one at night. You may have saved my life. If I had solo'd there at night without knowing about it well who knows. Thanks again. Every diver that runs across one, my advice is to cut it up and set the markers adrift. If they keep losing them maybe eventually they'll stop setting them. Damn things are dangerous.

Last edited:
I might take you up on that, My sister has a summer home in narangansett. :)

It will be my pleasure. There's 2 nice spots in Narragansett, Hazard Av. and Newton Av. we'll start there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom