Nanight lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me, this does not play any role in the way the housing is made, it is a matter of the manufacturer and the calculation of its processing and manufacturing costs, that's determines the price of the final product. The most advantageous fabrication is die-casting of aluminum with finishing of turning in critical places.
One of IMO most beautiful housings (and precise but for sure most expensive ) made in that process is SCUBAPRO Scubalux which I use in my builds.

I just asked their support,
:rofl3:

If you have some sort of business in that way , just please tell straight , I'm in no need to compete with you.

I have been using a Nanight Tech 2 for about a year and a half now
About 120 dives

I am very happy with it

I use it every dive, even during the day, and I am constantly turning it on/off

Battery life is easily five dives with on for a minute then off for 10 minutes throughout a dive

The customer service - /Per is excellent as well

I've got more than 6 months of use on mine. The charge port on mine (old style) leaks and then shorts out, causing weird performance issues. Ironically, Nanight now includes an "improved" charge port 2.0 on their lights. I told nanight my problem, they said I can buy the chargeport upgrade. OK, fine. The part is $40, HOWEVER, they charge $40 for shipping from Sweden. No other assistance was offered. My interim solution is unplugging the charge port.

I'm working with a stateside dealer (there aren't many) who is trying to get a new charge port for me, but they are having issues. If you're in Europe this light is probably a good deal . If you're in the US, I'd steer clear because getting parts is an issue.

I've got more than 6 months of use on mine. The charge port on mine (old style) leaks and then shorts out, causing weird performance issues. Ironically, Nanight now includes an "improved" charge port 2.0 on their lights. I told nanight my problem, they said I can buy the chargeport upgrade. OK, fine. The part is $40, HOWEVER, they charge $40 for shipping from Sweden. No other assistance was offered. My interim solution is unplugging the charge port.

I'm working with a stateside dealer (there aren't many) who is trying to get a new charge port for me, but they are having issues. If you're in Europe this light is probably a good deal . If you're in the US, I'd steer clear because getting parts is an issue.

If you've had yours for six months and purchased it recently - you should have the 2.0 charge port.
When I got mine in 2019, it had the 2.0.

If you've had yours for six months and purchased it recently - you should have the 2.0 charge port.
When I got mine in 2019, it had the 2.0.

No. I got it last summer, and it's got the old style charge port. Must've been old stock, I suppose.

Regardless, if they know the old charge port is crap, they should fix them. Or at least help stateside dealers get the parts to fix them.

Lousy customer service.

Here's a photo of the port. Note black marks in the lid, and corroded center conductor. When the charge port is flooded it shorts out and the light turns down to lowest setting.

20210217_083043.jpg

It looks like some BNC connectors housing modified style with crossing low power connector.

- part1 and
- part 2

with

- part 3

Polish and Czech producers have a lot of these weird '' innovations '' present in their products . With time normally upgrade their products with some

Problem it si that proper connectors are BIG and need space - a lot of it , and you don't have it in that housing

It is producers fault because; depending on the operating conditions, it should choose gold-plated or stainless contacts and inside protects shorting with schottky diode

Does someone have a picture of the MkI and MkII charge ports next to eachother?
I've got a Tech2 and happy with for the few dives I was able to make with it.
At the moment on board and The Netherlands locked up in December so no diving at the moment :-(
Not sure what version I've got installed on mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom