Name that forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sony Sentral

How about "Sony spot"

OK, I don't have any more suggestions for names. But let's get this show on the road. In a couple days, if the moderator hasn't, I will put up a poll -- with all the names suggested to date (say by 2/18/2011). Then you folks can vote, and I think it's one vote per person. So get those name ideas in, the show is about to start.

I think we might want to avoid Sony trademarks, such as Sony Style (but Sony Styling or Stylin might pass?). Why? Who needs lawyers? We're just having fun here, and for sure this promotes brand sales, but some fancy pants legal eagle might pounce on a name that seems to infringe. So we'll try to comply with the law, best we can ....

Here is a list of the names that will go into the poll today 2/18/2011 at midnight PDT, in reverse order of submission. Last call to add suggestions:

Sony a Beach
Sony Spot
Sony Space
Sony Sentral
Sony Shutterbug
Sony Sub
Sony Splash
Sony Submerged
Sony Squeeze
Sony Swell
Sony Shipwreck
Sinking Sony
Sony Shooters
Sony Style [will delete due to trademark concerns]
Simply Sony
Sony shakers
Sony shack
Sony and share
Sony Shelter
Sony Scene
Sony Society
Sony Slobs
Sony Slam
Sony Snappers
Sony Soiree
Sony Stylin
Sony Surge

Here is a list of the names that will go into the poll today 2/18/2011 at midnight PDT, in reverse order of submission. Last call to add suggestions:

If I'm recalling correctly, poll choices are limited to 12 entries. Might I suggest the top 11 picked, with the final choices as 'Other - specified in thread'?

If I'm recalling correctly, poll choices are limited to 12 entries. Might I suggest the top 11 picked, with the final choices as 'Other - specified in thread'?

Certainly! I'll pick 11 and have an "Other - specified in thread".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom