Name Change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone interested in possibly changing our name? Now that the NC and SC folks got their own forum, we don't have to be so nice to them and can kick them out :wink: . We could isolate it to the MD, VA, DC area or something similar...any interest?

I am thinking we would get more responses and meet more local people if it were less confusing what geographic area we were associated with..maybe something to do with DC since we all live in the general DC area..

Who the hell is ever on here anyway?

Obviously you’ve forgotten your frustration from the original naming exercise. I don’t think that our name is the problem; I think it’s the weather. Who can get excited about diving while buried under two feet of snow? Well there’s those Canadian divers but they’re nuts anyway.

Maybe what we need is to plan a dive. Since my new drysuit came in, I’m ready to go. What are the choices? There’s Mt. Storm, but I think they got three feet of snow. I’ve heard that Bainbridge is open. I think that Lake Rawlings may be open by appointment also. Let’s plan a dive!

Mike

How about we start a fundraiser to help some of our 'underprivledged' members get out and dive in the snow!

:eek:ut:

Hows the drysuit fit?

MikeS once bubbled...
Obviously you’ve forgotten your frustration from the original naming exercise. I don’t think that our name is the problem; I think it’s the weather. Who can get excited about diving while buried under two feet of snow? Well there’s those Canadian divers but they’re nuts anyway.

Some maybe.. but not all. errrr I think, I'm still trying to thaw out after almost two weeks of "deep freeze" temps of -20 to -38F. I have a feeling the water was a lot warmer, though I didn't try it.

O-ring once bubbled...
Anyone interested in possibly changing our name? Now that the NC and SC folks got their own forum, we don't have to be so nice to them and can kick them out :wink: . We could isolate it to the MD, VA, DC area or something similar...any interest?

You’re just jealous because you want to be in the Kentucky Piranha section!! :eek:ut:
- A J

I'm going to the keys on May 31 for the Wreckmania II trip and then to Panama City for a Diverlink 2003 trip in July. I want to try some local diving (local meaning Virginia and/or North Carolina) this Summer. I'm afraid I can't get excited about getting into the water when it's below freezing on the surface. I also don't want to buy another wet suit, mine is a Florida 1/4 inch version with a farmer john and a shorty. It works pretty good for temps in the 70's. It's cold for me below 80 deg F, so yes, I'm a Warm Water Wimp.

A. J. Shark once bubbled...

You’re just jealous because you want to be in the Kentucky Piranha section!! :eek:ut:
- A J
Maybe we will call ourselves the DC Piranha Patrol just to bug you KY folks..

I'm not so sure the kentucky people would even notice....I mean add 2 and 2 together to figure out that you're stealing theier identity....espeically with all this ice crap...they're buried in for months....

sillygrendel once bubbled...
Hows the drysuit fit?

Like is was made for me. Compared to the rental suits it fits really well, can’t wait to get it in the water. DUI is having a Dog Rally and Demo Days at Dutch Springs on May 17-18. http://www.dui-online.com/newsite/dog_dutchsprings_2003_diver.htm Anyone interested in going? I’m really interested in the Field Repair Seminar on Saturday.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom