Name change issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is from PADI with a slight "fee" I am sure the others follow suite....Congrats!

Changed your name?

Send a copy of legal documentation reflecting your name change and either mail it to the address listed below, fax it to +1 949 267 1261, or email to customerservice@padi.com. Contact the PADI Customer Service Department for current processing fees at 800 729 7234 (US and Canada), +1 949 858 7234, ext. 2430..

PADI
Certification Card Processing
30151 Tomas Street
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
USA
You can have your name changed in the PADI database at no cost. Any replacement card has a cost though.

I'd probably wait til all the wedding hoopla is over and things have settled down to do the name change.
I changed my name a few years back and it isn't a quick process. Would just make it easier instead of having to explain to everyone you meet on your honeymoon or dive trip or at the airport/customs why your "new" name doesn't match what's in Big Brothers computer.

PADI was pretty simple, just mailed them a copy of the court order. But passport/DMV/Social Security is a little more nit picky. 'Specially if you run into the nazi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom