Nalight - What's the verdict?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A tech 2 and an EX35, both on high.

20221106_062833.jpg

Rebrand it with IKEA logo and sell it for 29.95. The beam is too wide for signalling.
All should ignore the quoted post, as being quite incorrect, not to mention silly.

@Ross19966 a good reliable light from a good company is going to cost some money. They do that because your life might depend on them investing lots of money into their product and building a reliable track record.
Usually, The more complex your dives, the more money things are going to cost.
DONT listen to anything ASD has to say, I am amazed that clown has not been deleted.

Re: beam width, one of the coolest things about these lights is that they have swappable optics. You can't change it mid-dive, but you can easily open up the light and change out an inexpensive plastic lens to turn your light from a tight-beamed cave primary into a video light or vice versa. I think they have 3 width options.

It's a nice simple compromise between being stuck with only one beam angle, or having a fully adjustable beam via moving parts or more electronics that add failure points.

So you're saying a $50 goodman handle makes the LM worth three times as much? What about the light makes it primitive, because a goodman handle can easily be changed.
I've heard good things about these lights, but I have no personal experience.

That light does have an option for an aluminum Goodman handle, but I didn't find a picture of it. Maybe not a cave light with 10 degrees, but for open water, it is fine.

It looks like a good value and we all know if you want to go all in, UWLD is the top choice, but does everyone need one?

competitively priced with chinese crap (BigBlue).
The canister lights that can blow up and blow a hole through your knee, you mean?

Is that a reference to a specific BigBlue incident? Haven't seen that.
Yes. A guy was charging their canister light when it blew up, putting a hole in his leg. In response Big Blue issued a recall, but claimed it went out before the incident.

The handling by Big Blue was disappointing to say the least.

About 100 dives with tech 2. I have aluminium goodman handle and sidemount version so the cord is 135cm if I remember correctly.
Really like the external charging port!
Enough light for my diving in murky waters of Finland.

I don’t have one of the Nanight lights, but I do have one of their heating canisters, and the design + build quality + customer service is excellent. If I were in the market for a small primary canister light, I’d definitely consider the Tech 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom