Nalight - What's the verdict?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ross19966

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
LDS has some of these and they dive them regularly. I'm eyeballing the following....

They both come with a 10* lens or 120* with no lens. I can get the Sport 2 for $350 and the Tech 2 for $550. Leaning toward the Tech 2. Made in Sweden so they don't appear to be Chinese junk. The build quality looks good although I wish the Tech 2 cam with a hard goodman handle.

The Orcatorch 630 appears to be about equal in performance and price and does come with a hard goodman handle. Always like to support the LDS if I can and they don't sell Orcatorch....Well, they don't stock Orcatorch.

Anyone using these? Any issues?

I've been using a Nanight Tech2 for nearly 2 years. It's been beat on a fair bit, and I've never had any problems. I actually like the bungee handle. In caves, I rarely find the need to run it on high.

I use it mostly as a video light currently. I made up a couple extra battery packs for it myself. My light came with the old style charge port, and I got parts from Salt Blue to upgrade to new one. Support from the folks in Sweden has also been great.

Check out the Goodman handle; then take a look at the standard handle. Try running line with it.

Compliments from Frank Wassup: You must wait at least 51 seconds before performing this action.

Check out the Goodman handle; then take a look at the standard handle. Try running line with it.

Compliments from Frank Wassup: You must wait at least 51 seconds before performing this action.
So you're saying a $50 goodman handle makes the LM worth three times as much? What about the light makes it primitive, because a goodman handle can easily be changed.

So you're saying a $50 goodman handle makes the LM worth three times as much? What about the light makes it primitive, because a goodman handle can easily be changed.
ASD is not talking about the LM. He is trying to denigrate the Nanight by complaining about its handle.

Exceptionally good lights. Simple and reliable, well designed, responsive European company. Made in Sweden but competitively priced with chinese crap (BigBlue). Wish that wasn't so hard to find these days.

I love mine and highly recommend them.

Their handles are stupid but the lights are good. Put it on a better handle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom