Nakhon Si Thammerat where to go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The diving at Koh Kra isn't all that great.

There is some very nice snorkeling with a bunch of blacktip reef sharks in 2 meter of water or less at Hin Sung.
You will not see them while on scuba (and not even when you bring a bucket with fish-guts under water with you) but they will be all around you when you snorkel.
Just an hour ago my wife found videos about Koh Kra. And they told it is very nice (but it was the agency which organize the tours in a very Thai style (lots lots of "entertainment")).

A question is if it is reachable per longtail. It is approx. 50 km away. If a longtail makes 25 km/hour than it will work. If it makes 15 km/hour than it will not....but might be still faster than going to krabi.....

In 3-4 months I'll get my compressor and tanks than I'll check it out...

Just an hour ago my wife found videos about Koh Kra. And they told it is very nice (but it was the agency which organize the tours in a very Thai style (lots lots of "entertainment")).

A question is if it is reachable per longtail. It is approx. 50 km away. If a longtail makes 25 km/hour than it will work. If it makes 15 km/hour than it will not....but might be still faster than going to krabi.....

In 3-4 months I'll get my compressor and tanks than I'll check it out...

The smallest pinnacle (barely breaks the surface) has the "best" diving in Koh Kra. There is sometimes ok schooling fish, some nice hard corals and anemones. I've seen a few times cobias there but without their bigger friends. There's also some damage from nets and rubble and silt patches. Vis is often good in the shallows and horrible below 10 meters.
There some cool nudi's but also way too many boring Phyllidia's.

Going out in a longtail for hours on end sounds like fun. Bring a rod and do some trawling on the way. And don't forget the cotton wool to stuff your ears with...

The smallest pinnacle (barely breaks the surface) has the "best" diving in Koh Kra. There is sometimes ok schooling fish, some nice hard corals and anemones. I've seen a few times cobias there but without their bigger friends. There's also some damage from nets and rubble and silt patches. Vis is often good in the shallows and horrible below 10 meters.
There some cool nudi's but also way too many boring Phyllidia's.

Going out in a longtail for hours on end sounds like fun. Bring a rod and do some trawling on the way. And don't forget the cotton wool to stuff your ears with...

Lets see if I can manage to have a look there....If I'll post a review of it.
you are right....hours of longtail might be fun only the first time.....

Lets see if I can manage to have a look there....If I'll post a review of it.
you are right....hours of longtail might be fun only the first time.....

From 1992 to 1995 I have had the delightful experience of diving from longtail boats with rides up to 2 1/2 hour one-way.

My ears are still ringing....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom