Nail polish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK....
I still think this is not a serious problem to talk about and I feel a bit like a Blonde (with all due respect to natural blondes :D)
I don't polish hand nails becasue I;'m diving and there is no way to keep the polish (not to mention keeping long nails).
I do polish the toe ones and I do it constantly so I don't really bother about cleaning the nails perfectly - although it can be done easily.

And that's it.

I would rather discuss matters such as - how do you pee on a diving boat that doesn't have a toilet and you dive in a dry suit :)

Mania

mania:
<snip>
I would rather discuss matters such as - how do you pee on a diving boat that doesn't have a toilet and you dive in a dry suit :)

Mania
Well, this is the Non Diving Related sub-forum... :wink:

pink_fins:
Well it is about diving and showing the toenails in a good way, but I will post it here.

No matter what polish I use cheap or expensive, I have a hard time getting it off.
I use a good brand remover. It takes a lot of time and remover to get it off.

What are the manufacturers making this stuff of ?

Any ideas?

Would using a clear base coat help in removing it ?

gail

Of course I am using pink LOL
Well.....only because I had read this thread earlier, that when I came across this nail polish, I remembered it because of this thread. Otherwise, it just passes right over my head since I don't even use nail polish.

Apparently there's a company that makes a water-based nail polish that makes it pretty easy to peel it off. You don't even need a nail polish remover for it.

Here's the company.

Can't vouch for it since I don't use it, never heard of the company before that article, and so on. Would have no idea how well it would cope with scuba diving.

Sorry about not being able to answer the other questions, but hope this helps.

Otherwise, I so agree with Mania! :D We need more serious topics!!!! :wink:

pink_fins:
Well it is about diving and showing the toenails in a good way, but I will post it here.

No matter what polish I use cheap or expensive, I have a hard time getting it off.
I use a good brand remover. It takes a lot of time and remover to get it off.

What are the manufacturers making this stuff of ?

Any ideas?

Would using a clear base coat help in removing it ?

gail

Of course I am using pink LOL

My advice.....:blinking:

Use acetone polish remover......not non-acetone.....to remove the old polish.

Saturate a cotton pad and hold it on your toe for about 30 seconds and the polish should soften and be easily removed.

The base coat only stops the color from staining your nail.....some say it makes the polish color adhere and last longer too.....but it definately does not help to remove the old polish.

Pink is in anytime! :)

crazyTomato:
Otherwise, I so agree with Mania! :D We need more serious topics!!!! :wink:

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Mania

I keep my nails on my toesies painted red 95% of the time and I find that red stains worse than anyother color.... but they do look nice with that Sally Hansen Chrome polish too.... LOL...

base coat will help with the staining... and pink is good anytime too!!!!

If they ever make a truly chip proof nail polish I am going to buy stock in that company...I painted my nails last night about an hour before going to bed and waited till they were 100% dry... snuggled under covers and notice while I was pouring my juice this AM that two nails were already chipped....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom