Nags Head, NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sigourneya

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, We will be going to Nags Head, NC for a few days as a pit stop to visit some friends further up the coast. Any suggestions on a good dive shop and hotel? Or even camp sites. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

I should mention that seeing you are from Fl. that don't expect 1/2 hour rides to the sites.
I just got back from Lauderdale & Key Largo. Some sweet diving down there & N.C. will rival it, just need to ride a bit further out.

I recently had the pleasure of doing a very nice shore dive with Nags Head Diving in Kill Devil Hills.
The are a couple wrecks about 250 yds off the shore at Mile Post 2 in about 20fsw. The water vis was about 15 ft and water temp was about 70 degrees.
Pam from NagsHeadDiving.com can hook you up. I will advise you to dive with her or someone that is very familliar with the site because currents can be unpredictable and difficult to read.
I think she may be afilliated with a bed and breakfast or something as well but not positive on that.

Hope you enjoy your stay in NC.

Been there lots, try Outer Banks Dive Center, Nags Head, North Carolina for some good trips Bill is a real good guy., an hour further south will get you warmer, bluer water in Cape Hatteras try Outer Banks Diving
I've dove with both & they will give you what you need.

Thanks! We were thinking of doing both since we are visiting a friend from around there, so both of these links will be helpful!

I recently had the pleasure of doing a very nice shore dive with Nags Head Diving in Kill Devil Hills.
The are a couple wrecks about 250 yds off the shore at Mile Post 2 in about 20fsw. The water vis was about 15 ft and water temp was about 70 degrees.
Pam from NagsHeadDiving.com can hook you up. I will advise you to dive with her or someone that is very familliar with the site because currents can be unpredictable and difficult to read.
I think she may be afilliated with a bed and breakfast or something as well but not positive on that.

Hope you enjoy your stay in NC.

I've been tyring to call Pam at Nags Head Diving to schedule a Intro dive for my Daughter-in-Law for her birthday. Have left several messages. Are they closed? Pam is also affiliated with Outdoors Inn. It sounds like it is a cool dive. I just wish Pam or somebody would call me back.

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom