N2ition 3 digital compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any comments on the precision of the digital compass? BTW, I posted in the DR site and they have just announced the NiTek Trio (Zeagle was out there first though!).

:D:D:D

I know that other brands will come shortly....... :wink: I am sure this all computer is coming from the same manufacture as usual.:lotsalove:

Wow...that's new news to me!!!

However, I also see that they are offering a 1 year warranty instead of the 2 year warranty that we offer.

:wink:

True!!!.

I haven't tried a compass on this new computer though.

As for a digital compass on D9, it is a gimmick. Suunto introduced first in the market and it seems to be quite successful to attract to the occasional divers, but a digital compass is useless for the navigation diving. Accuracy isn't a big deal because even an analog compass has 3~5 degree marginal error.

Let's see how a digital compass is different with D9's one.

:D:D:D

I know that other brands will come shortly....... :wink: I am sure this all computer is coming from the same manufacture as usual.:lotsalove:

True!!!.

I haven't tried a compass on this new computer though.

As for a digital compass on D9, it is a gimmick. Suunto introduced first in the market and it seems to be quite successful to attract to the occasional divers, but a digital compass is useless for the navigation diving. Accuracy isn't a big deal because even an analog compass has 3~5 degree marginal error.

Let's see how a digital compass is different with D9's one.

That was my concern. With the bad reviews of the D9 digital compass, I am wondering if the Zeagle one is better??? Suunto makes a great analog compass.
The lure is getting rid of one thing off my arm...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom