N.H.Winisquam annual Dive week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

porgyhunter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Should be interesting this year....I had the courage to bring my 19ft "76" starcraft...cool little island in the middle of the lake i have been dying to dive....along with other drop offs I couldn't do from smaller boats

Googled "N.H.Winisquam annual Dive week ", it took me to this thread.

Well it is "official" dive week "for me"!!! Boat dock side....calm water....clear water!!!.....Boat traffic is O.K. during the week...I never know what I'll find...2011 I did find an old wreck...26 ft old cruiser of some sort.......Best part is not having to deal with any "nasty,pissed off " lobstermen

.I had the courage to bring my 19ft "76" starcraft...cool little island in the middle of the lake i have been dying to dive...
I have been wanting to dive that island also. I'll bring my little 14' '72 Starcraft runabout and we can raft up and dive it. When?

Hey O.F.....Dove it this morning....North of the island [facing away from the main lake] is the spot...nice drop.....one rock has a vertical smooth edge 15 to 20 foot face....I went around the island and it didn't seem to drop dramatically ,,,BIG rocks just under the surface though...followed by 2 nice bass even into the thermocline....cold stuff down there...dark at 40......also dove at 4;00 a nice drop offclose by the cottage....old tires...lost fishin rod...but interesting enough a good amount of nice size Snails....are these fresh water snails Escargo? sp. If so maybe I just found my new job

... a good amount of nice size Snails....are these fresh water snails Escargo? sp. If so maybe I just found my new job
They are probably Chinese snails - delicacy to them - invasive - edible, but they may harbor intestinal parasites not good for us if not properly cooked - google it. So when you leaving? I'll come up some night this week and do an evening dive at Ahern Park with you.

Hey O.F.....Afternoon dives are very iffy....Thats why I get up get out early so then I do something with the misses...Dove again today...not a real good spot ..but saw the remains of an old big propeller and drive shaft wedged between to big rocks in what was basically relatively deep water....poor bastid...it was very rusted had to be old ....there were also blocks and other attempts to bouy the hazard...but at present nothing at the surface...fed some bass crawfish

I've been doing a lot of early morning diving the past couple weeks to take advantage of these beautiful mornings. I don't have to be to work until 10 so I get out on my lake in town early for an hour retrieving lost fishing gear. Will you still be there this weekend or are you heading back?

Back
Top Bottom