My Venture into GUE - Another view

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting and very well shot video, although I had to mute the music choice, which might reveal my age or inner ethnicity.

I'm going to pay upfront for soundtracks by Mark Farina and Dimitri from Paris on my GUE training videos which might help sooth my grimaces. :wink:

Did the instructor tamper with the gear to create a simulation of an equipment fault?

Interesting and very well shot video, although I had to mute the music choice, which might reveal my age or inner ethnicity.

I'm going to pay upfront for soundtracks by Mark Farina and Dimitri from Paris on my GUE training videos which might help sooth my grimaces. :wink:

Did the instructor tamper with the gear to create a simulation of an equipment fault?
:)

They use an air gun to make bubbles.

:)

They use an air gun to make bubbles.

I thought BB's would travel too slowly underwater to puncture a hose. :wink:

We also have a strict policy of NOT releasing any video taken on the course to students or anyone else, and part of our instructor agreement is that we make a commitment to do so. This policy exists to protect the students and anyone else who hapens to wander into the frame from hvaing video of their performance circulating the internet against their will. So if you are taking a GUE course rather than a UTD one I'd check with your instructor first about whether or not you can keep the video, and if he or she says yes, you'd better not post about it here :)

Thanks Jax for posting this, and thank you all for your thoughtful replies

... this is a great thread for all of us that want the tools and training to improve our diving

In your experience.

Last year I volunteered to film a class. This was a tech 1 class, not a fundies class, but I digress.

In trying to get the best camera angles as the students struggled with their various instructor-induced failures, I did all kinds of contortions. I twisted this way and that, trying to get the camera in the best possible place for the best possible angle.

When we debriefed that evening, I felt pretty good about the results--we could really see what was happening for the most part. The instructor was critical, though. He noticed that on a number of occasions while I was filming I had broken trim, and I was essentially reprimanded in front of the students for doing so.

I don't think I will be doing any volunteer camera work in the near future.

Interesting. I was recently "volunteered" to film the pool session of a Fundies class taught by my Fundies instructor. I had a blast doing my best impression of a sea lion with a camera. The instructor, who was of course very critcal of my trim, buoyancy and position in MY class, did nothing but thank me several times for my help and complimented some of my good shots (he was very nice and remained silent during my not-so-great shots).

Sorry you did not have a positive experience helping with a class. I always have.

We also have a strict policy of NOT releasing any video taken on the course to students or anyone else, and part of our instructor agreement is that we make a commitment to do so. This policy exists to protect the students and anyone else who hapens to wander into the frame from hvaing video of their performance circulating the internet against their will. So if you are taking a GUE course rather than a UTD one I'd check with your instructor first about whether or not you can keep the video, and if he or she says yes, you'd better not post about it here :)

Thanks for the heads up. It will be hard for me to keep from telling how badly I perform but I'll try to be discrete.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom