My trip to the "Big O"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report, I look forward to diving her myself. The av picture looks great!

Hey RT,

WONDERFUL photo's! What size tanks were you using? Standard 80's?... Larger?...

Also it is clear from the large number of baitfish that have sought out the Mighty O in such a short time that the predators will follow in significant numbers... Wouldn't it be great to see how well these artificial reefs work out in a few hundred years. I believe they will have a significant positive impact on the underworld environment.

Lance

Excellent Pics!!! Can't wait to dive it!!!

Hey that looks like a solar panel in that shot. I wonder how they handle immersion, surprised no one has lifted that yet.

DSC01855.JPG

It was a solar panel, now it's junk. They used it for the high water sensors and other systems while away from shore power. - not worth the effort.

I've got a trip planned for mid July and after seeing those pictures I can't wait. We're planning on making it a tech dive, I want to see the hanger deck and maybe some of the spaces below that. If the trip goes as planned we'll be diving it two days in a row doing two dives each day. That should give us several hours on the wreck to see as much as we can.

Great pictures and report there Rock.

Jibeho:
Hey that looks like a solar panel in that shot. I wonder how they handle immersion, surprised no one has lifted that yet.

I was going to ask the same thing. I'm surprised it was left on there. If it was related to the sinking, you'd think it would have been on the boat that was sitting on the deck when they scuttled it.

Bryan.

gt3073b:
I was going to ask the same thing. I'm surprised it was left on there. If it was related to the sinking, you'd think it would have been on the boat that was sitting on the deck when they scuttled it.

Bryan.

Judging by the size of that panel I would guess it to have cost at least 1000 to 1500 beer credits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom