My test dive with a Nikon D200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's how most HO insurance is though... you make a claim, and you get dropped.

At one of my stores, we got flooded by the sushi bar above us. Their dishwasher leaked into my store. We filed a claim, and were subsequently dropped.

RonFrank:
So what reason did they give for cancelling your policy?

My recollection is that there was no reason given. We were dealing with an agent we had used for decades, and he just blamed it on the "home office". We went through the whole drill, pointed out that we had been with them for over twenty years without a claim and that they gladly accepted the photo gear coverage and cashed our checks, but it was all to no avail. I'm sure it varies from carrier to carrier but that was our experience with Allstate.

Yeah... the reason for canceling the policy is because they actually had to write you a check, probably for less than 1 year's premium. So they still made $20k off of you, but they don't want you to get ANYTHING back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom