My son is getting a cert soon, and I'm renewing mine!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My 21 year old son is finishing up a two year degree in Automotive Technology (he's a mechanic at the local Pontiac dealer) and needed another PE credit at the local community college to finish up. So he has decided to take SCUBA I at the college, at the same time that I'm taking a refresher course at the LDS. We'll both certify with SSI about the same time frame! He attended the initial class this week and we were talking about equipment and such when he got home from work today. What a treat to have something like this in common! I gave him my old jet fins and a snorkle to keep his cost down, as I have been buying new stuff. He'll need a mask and booties and we can even share the cost of the video tape that SSI requires to keep both of our costs down a bit. It'll be nice to have a "buddy" here in the house with me, when it comes to time for diving later in the year.

Frankenmuth Tom :D

It's so nice to to have a family dive buddy. I have been after my kids 14 and 16 to get their cert. so I would have a dive buddy besides my husband to dive with. The more family certified the more possibility for a dive. Good luck and happy diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom