My Research Notes from Planning Roatan Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that was decidedly a bold statement. :rofl3:

“”The reefs were outstanding, vis was great, and that area has the flattest seas I have ever seen“”​

Seasonal variations, along with my prior comments, here are the “seas” today, rather reflective of the 4th Quarter > 1st Quarter, a different circumstance?

Weather influencing sea conditions- highly transitory.

Yet another snapshot, a frozen moment in time….

Today, West End:
36D4E507-8856-4F5F-84FE-558CD9E5F698.jpeg
A9BD8E23-9357-4C47-B910-2A56E4C2E652.jpeg
AFD808DC-19C7-47DE-828E-A39B6D2F9D17.jpeg

And at the same time, an image of the South Shore- the Roatan Aggressor seeking calmer moorings there on the horizon:
E42A289F-C7ED-4876-96F7-5A5286FFF80B.jpeg

I've heard that during covid the locals were overfishing (to eat) and it has negatively impacted the diving. Do any of you have updated thoughts to add to this? We really like Anthony's Key in February of 2020 and are thinking about going back.

@drrich2 - outstanding information - AGAIN! Thanks!

I've heard that during covid the locals were overfishing (to eat) and it has negatively impacted the diving. Do any of you have updated thoughts to add to this?
Where does one “hear” of such things? Just curious.

Where does one “hear” of such things? Just curious.
I heard it here. Just now. From Kimela. It’s on the Internet so it must be true.

And at the same time, an image of the South Shore- the Roatan Aggressor seeking calmer moorings there on the horizon:
E42A289F-C7ED-4876-96F7-5A5286FFF80B.jpeg
What time was that picture taken?

We started that day with a shark dive, then off to Mary's Place for a couple of dives, finishing at a site called 40 foot point. It was already dark at the end of that last dive. I did not do the night dive--never do any more. They absolutely insisted on doing them at night, and after a day of diving, I prefer to be relaxing with a glass of wine around that time. That's what happens when you get old.

The weather was indeed rough that week, and we did travel for safer harbors at times. One night we went in to shore to escape the weather. On my last dive that week I was shivering, and my teeth were chattering--during the pre-dive briefing.

What time was that picture taken?
…They absolutely insisted on doing them at night, and after a day of diving, I prefer to be relaxing with a glass of wine around that time. That's what happens when you get old.
I would say 0900 since it was a Sunday and that looks like the orientation dive happening.

As to missing a night dive? I’m not that old. Only 70. I do ‘em all. :)

I would say 0900 since it was a Sunday and that looks like the orientation dive happening.
I thought you said it was 11/23, which would have been Tuesday.

There was no orientation dive. The site would have been Valley of the Kings if it was Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom