My personal GoPro setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great info, thank you! Do you have any experience with the Ion UCL-G165 SD lens by chance?

Seems like it would be optimal to have and use both it and the UWL-03 lens on the same dive (and to be able to “clip them off” to the bottom of the tray when not in use) but of course they both use different mounts so you could only use one or the other per dive without switching mounts inbetween dives...

I struggle more personally to get great macro shots with the GP so maybe the G165 would be better for my situation most of the time.

Here I'll leave you my video setup. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. I hope you like it.

GoPro Setup
-GoPro 10
-AOI UWL-03 LENS
-Nitescuba NS10 camera tray
-2x Nitescuba NSV60 6000 Video Light
-2x Nitescuba Ambient Blue Filter

View attachment 794947

View attachment 794950

Can you get decent photos with this setup? I am struggling to get anything acceptable with a GoPro 10 and no lights. Significant noise even in well lit shallow dives

GoPro without light... I can not take decent pics...
In my zone is always so dirty water and low visibility...

@AbyssTek

Just ordered the AOI UWL-03 with adapter from backscatter. I look forward to capturing laser scanning of historical shipwrecks next month in Greece!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread was originally posted in the "free" section of the classifieds forum. Which is actually not for posting photos and videos, it is for giving away gear for free. I have moved this thread into the videography forum, which is for sharing videos. I have also deleted a couple posts referring to free stuff -- sorry folks, looks like a misunderstanding. Carry on.

I find it hard to realize why one would add a wide angle lens of 200 euros, to a Gopro which already has a wide view? I am sure that i'm missing the positive effect of this lens, that you are all seeing?

Is it because of the less distortion on the sides of the screen, while still having a wide view?

Would love to see a video where the first bit is without lens and the second bit is with lens, to exaclty see what difference it makes.
Great videos btw, they underline the quality of video that can be achieved with 'just' a gopro.

I find it hard to realize why one would add a wide angle lens of 200 euros, to a Gopro which already has a wide view? I am sure that i'm missing the positive effect of this lens, that you are all seeing?

Is it because of the less distortion on the sides of the screen, while still having a wide view?

Would love to see a video where the first bit is without lens and the second bit is with lens, to exaclty see what difference it makes.
Great videos btw, they underline the quality of video that can be achieved with 'just' a gopro.
Let's see if I can find some time and make a video that alternates between images with the lens and without it, both in close-up focus and using the wide-angle. I have a lot of videos to make and very little time...
I apologize for the mistake of posting in the wrong place... I'm quite new to this, hahaha. I'm really sorry.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread was originally posted in the "free" section of the classifieds forum. Which is actually not for posting photos and videos, it is for giving away gear for free. I have moved this thread into the videography forum, which is for sharing videos. I have also deleted a couple posts referring to free stuff -- sorry folks, looks like a misunderstanding. Carry on.
I apologize for the mistake of posting in the wrong place... I'm quite new to this, hahaha. I'm really sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom