My paper for Engl1302

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just looked at his College's catalog. 1302 would be comparable to English 101 or 102, but definetly not a remedial course. It's just your standard issue first year College Comp course.

Those Texas course numbers are WEIRD!

-B

in texas the junior colleges use the 4 digit class system but it readily translates to the 3 digit system

ENGL (english) 1301 is freshmen english (Comp & Rhet I) in the 3 digit system is 101 or 301 depending on the university

ENGL 1302 is the more sophmore level class that concentrates more on literature and written word then essays and formal writting. in the three digit set its either 102 or 302 depending on the university again.

in texas for 4 year schools (UNT, UT, A&M) its ENGL 101 , ENGL 102

I know this because i work for a junior college in the testing department so im well aware of the coding and there translations.

as for advice on papers im not going to add to the pile as im not good at editting papers. this is when i have gone to the schools writing lab or emailed a copy to the professor for a once over

FWIW

Tooth

fairbanks

dont get me started on oddities on the texas system as its bad in parts.

remidial classes go by the 0000 designation (junior college) so remidal english would be either of the 4 classes 0300, 0305, 0310, and depending 0315

its easy to decipher 4 digit classes as they are as goes
first digit is the level 1= freshmen, 2 = sophmore, etc), second number is for the number of credit hours, and the last two digits are for the class identifier.

FWIW

Tooth

Oooooh jeebus... WHY TEXAS WHY? Three numbers weren't good enough for you? All thinking that since you're the (laugh) biggest state you can have it your way? Trying to compensate for something?

Well FOOEY on you! Alaska's 2.5 times your size, and we're happy with 3 numbers in our courses!

This wasn't a Bush idea, was it? /duck

-B.

ooooh theres another issue you dont want to start as bush screwed up the education system in texas before he left and his LT gov during his reign is fowling it up even more now(and if he gets his way with the budget there are several Community college(s) that will be forced to close because of such drastic funding cuts).

as for the 4 numbers i think this came out of the fact that most people would like to know how many credit hours a class is by quick reference. for example my college algerbra class is MATH 1314 but when i transfer it will be MATH 114 on my transcript after i transfer, go figure.

FWIW

Tooth

well even better was when he was running for reelection, he made a comment on education that he helped build th texas education to be one of the best in the country. which when i heard that i fell out of my chair along with the other dozen or so instructors in the room, because last time i looked texas was close the bottom near mississippi ranking wise. if thats the best i would hate to see the best.

just so i dont get jumped this is my personal opinon after working in higher ed for over 4 years so i do have quiet a bit of insite as to the current situation.

FWIW

Tooth

Careful, Guys. We don't want this to post to evolve into something political, which will bring out the zealots and I'll eventually have to split and pull threads. Let's not highjack Lukies post, OK?

Luke just noticed a typo...." Many mysteries exist beneath the tropic waters 100 miles off the Gulf of Mexico in the Texas Water Gardens." *** should be Texas Flower Gardens

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom