My next dive is from my yak!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I got the wife to do her first official kayak dive today. She enjoyed it so woohoo. (It's hard to argue against the extra labor when I do most of the heavy lifting and the cost difference (tank fills are $3.50/tank vs $30/tank plus tip ). I promised her I would ease her into it so she could build her comfort level.

A couple weeks ago we went out and tied off to a mooring site with both kayaks and only her dive rig. I got in the water with mask/fins/snorkel and went to her yak and helped her get set up, get the BCD & tank in the water. Then she got in and donned her kit and then she played around. Then I helped her remove her gear and then she practiced getting back on board. I think this practice helped her gain self confidence as today went off without a hitch.

So happy she will be joining me now on the yak dives.

I had posted this in the NE site thought others here might enjoy it. I included a couple of pics in another post in the thread here's the link
Gooseberry Island Dive Report

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom