my new toys, any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colder down:
I am trying to get my wife into diving. She is learning to swim now. Long way to go but there's hope. Superstar, you can try the same thing, but I am not sure your dogs will buy it.
I had no problem getting my wife and daughter diving and they have the newest and finest gear. It's that I cant get spending approval to update my 20 year old gear. I'm always at the bottom of the totum pole.

There are some people from this board reported that combo MKII had air leaking problem, any comments on that? The people around me all use this sort of octo, such as atomic SS1. Of course they paid top dollar for their toys and they are still looking for their better half.

colder down:
There are some people from this board reported that combo MKII had air leaking problem, any comments on that? The people around me all use this sort of octo, such as atomic SS1. Of course they paid top dollar for their toys and they are still looking for their better half.

Hello Colder,

I dive the Brigade and love it. I also have Zeagle Envoy 1st and 2nd and love them also.

I was guided away from the Zeagle octo inflator and bought the Atomic SS1 instead and could not be happier with it!

You cant go wrong with the setup you mentioned in your original post, but I would get a different octo inflator.

Just FYI, I buy all of my gear at Scubatoys. You just cant beat their customer service and pricing in my opinion.

Good Luck!

In a few short months, the new OCTO-Z will be ready, which will repalce the MKII in our line. Unlike the Octo+ MKII, which is the last reg we get from Apeks, the Octo-Z units will be made by us.

All preliminary testing shows that these will not have the "air leaking" problem associated with some of the MKII units...

I'm excited about this new alternate air source...it looks sweet and has some very nice features!!!

Scott

Thanks guys. I am at So. Cal. Today, I went to a LDS which is a Zeagle's dealer. Guess what, they do not have any Zeagle products in stock but they can call to order some. Since I wanted to try Zeagle's BCD on, I came back empty hands. They guy in the LDS was cold. Well, the bright side is that I won't feel guilty to order anything from Scubatoys any more. Now I need find some store has Zeagle's BC.

Thanks for all the help.

Don't worry about finding a store to try one on... we can do that for you! Just give us a call, give us some sizing, and we can shoot the proper size BC out to you. If you don't find it's a perfect fit, or for any reason you are not happy with it - I'll exchange it, or give you a full refund, and pay for the shipping back to us. That's how confident I am that you'll like the zeagle products, and we'll get you the right size the first time!

Back
Top Bottom