my new toys, any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colder down

Reaction score
I am new to this board and diving. After a few rental experiences, I decided that I should buy my own gears. After reading so many posts here and considering my not so deep pocket, I think Zeagle is a nice choice for me. Here is my shopping list:

Reg: Zeagle Flathead VI Regulator, DIN, DIN to York adaptor
Or Zeagle DS V Regulator :huh:
BCD: Zeagle Brigade
Octo: Zeagle RKO Octo Inflator

So, could some one have used those gears for a while to give me some suggestion regarding their performance and reliability? Do you think DS V will be good enough for me? In terms my diving style, I am at S. California. So water here is not warm. I do not see myself to go down more than 120 feet, but I do feel I may carry a goody bag and a simple digital camera in the future.

I found those items have very good price at leisurepro. However, I had pretty good experience with scubatoys. This brings my last question which has nothing to do with Zeagle. Do you guys know if scubatoys will match the price with leisurepro?

Thanks! Happy diving.:D

First off, LP does not sell the Brigade, it's a ScubaToys exclusive.

Second, ScubaToys will price match with Leisurepro.

The flathead is an awesome regulator, but it's hardly inexpensive.

Good luck with the new gear.

Ron Frank attempted to say LP does not sell the Brigade... It is a Scubatoys exclusive... And sure, give Joe a call tomorrow and we'll get you set up with a system you want.

Appreciate you guys thinking of us!

What I dive but not with the octo inflator. Can't go wrong with that set up in my opinion.

Thanks, guys! Any thoughts of using Zeagle Octo MKII? I read some not so great stories about this combo. At scubatoys. there is one listed as Zeagle PKO. Are they the same thing?

Right now, the only thing in my way to enjoy these toys is my siganificant better half.

colder down:
Thanks, guys! Any thoughts of using Zeagle Octo MKII? Right now, the only thing in my way to enjoy these toys is my siganificant better half.
You are lucky to only have the better half in the way, I have a better half, 2 kids, and 2 dogs in the way.

I am trying to get my wife into diving. She is learning to swim now. Long way to go but there's hope. Superstar, you can try the same thing, but I am not sure your dogs will buy it.

The combo of Zeagle and Scubatoys if great, you should be very happy with them both. Personally I don't care for the octo/inflators combo and prefer a standard second stage but thats a huge debate in itself.

You cannot go wrong with Zeagle and ScubaToys IMO. I would get a regular octo though and likely get the Envoy octo. High performance inexpensive option, but one that is an excellent primary as well as octo.

Back
Top Bottom