My new toy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herman, throw what you have in my box you have extra money, if what I sent you isn't enough let me know. I come from the land of two is one. :) I'm so far underwater on the project what's a little more. Royalty is expensive after all. I'm cranking it up to 135; the Cyclone is balanced isn't it? I can't find out much about it but, looking at pictures of it disassembled it looks like it's balanced.

I may try John's posted method and see where that puts the IP. Part of my learning curve.

Yes, the Cyclone is balanced so it's less critical to use a 500 psi tank, there is still a IP shift but it's much smaller with a balanced first stage, no balancing is perfect.
I was planning on dropping it in. I have not tested them yet, plan on that this morning. If it goes as expected, your package will be in the mail this morning.

Yes, the Cyclone is balanced so it's less critical to use a 500 psi tank, there is still a IP shift but it's much smaller with a balanced first stage, no balancing is perfect.
I was planning on dropping it in. I have not tested them yet, plan on that this morning. If it goes as expected, your package will be in the mail this morning.

Good Morning another early riser I see. I still wake up at the time I used to get up to go to work, now I go back to sleep:)

The tools I ordered from Herman came in Monday. I was hanging with my Granddaughter all day Monday so I didn't get a chance to even open the box. Tuesday morning it was tinker time with the dbl hose again, used my new vise and ring wrench to make sure the ring was as tight as it should be. Herman also made a hookah fitting for me. I like it better than the fancy one I bought. Its not pretty chrome but solid brass is compact, well made and functional. I put the chrome fitting in the tool box, the brass fitting is on a 2nd stage hose ready to mount to the reg.
Pictures are better than words.

Hookah fitting a.JPG Hookah fitting b.JPG Hookah fitting c.JPG Hookah fitting.JPG Hookah fitting d.JPG Hookah fitting e.JPG Hookah fitting f.JPG Hookah fitting 0.JPG
Hookah fitting a.JPG
Hookah fitting b.JPG
Hookah fitting c.JPG
Hookah fitting.JPG
Hookah fitting d.JPG
Hookah fitting e.JPG
Hookah fitting f.JPG
Hookah fitting 0.JPG

Maybe you have it on the side but in the photos the sealing washer is missing from the inside of the adapter. You should have a black rubber washer inside the adapter. They are available at a good hardware store or have some if you need it. In any case, it won't seal properly without it.

EDIT: I dropped you a couple in the mail this morning.

Fancy chrome would have detracted from the character this rig has. Well done!

You mean it needs re-chroming. Yeah I agree, I can't find anyplace that'll do it. I was thinking maybe next year if I get a Phoenix a re-chrome job could be the finishing touch.

Maybe you have it on the side but in the photos the sealing washer is missing from the inside of the adapter. You should have a black rubber washer inside the adapter. They are available at a good hardware store or have some if you need it. In any case, it won't seal properly without it.

EDIT: I dropped you a couple in the mail this morning.

Thank you Herman! I came back to this thread too late. I'd like to acquire a banjo fitting for an SPG, was going to ask if you had one you'd like to sell, VDH doesn't have them, that I can find anyway.

I've got the auto tech hat on today. The weather has gotten to the point where working outside isn't a health hazard. So it's time to deal with the leaking front Y pipe on the Subaru. It's a big deal because the Cats are part of the Y pipe. I took a Y pipe off a parts car I have that looks good. It's all prepped and ready to install. Taking a break now. There's $2000.00 I don't have to spent. I also have the gaskets already! Total cost $0.0. And my wife asks if I'm worth it when I spent North of $300.00 on a 40 year old regulator!?!?!

Thanks again.

Try Rob at the Scuba Museum. Think there were some there.... yep...

linky: About Us

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom