My "new" independent doubles setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tested your rig on dry land with both switches open essentially connecting the 2 ip chambers together? Have an ip gauge and SPG on each first stage to see how they react when when breathing on your air regulator.

No not yet I'm still trying to do one dive with the AIR. Also I VIP'd my 2 50's and saw some rust at the bottom. So now they'll go to the LDS so a pro can evaluate and remedy, I hope. So until I get those back there will be no ID testing in water. The 2 -72 configuration is nice from a boat but I'm not up to walking over hill and dale with them anymore. I'm not in a hurry, I have no trip plans or any reason to hurry this project along. If some opportunity to do a trip does appear out of the blue requiring doubles I'll dive'em as usual with the 2 156 2nd's.

After the AIR dive and I get my 50s back, I hope. I'll set it up and do some pre-dive testing.

That is freaking brilliant!
Too many connections, looks complicated, WOW, it's not standard.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Seriously nice job!

Made in China like everything else.
Have teflon and NBR ones

20210811_081910.jpg

Made in China like everything else.
Have teflon and NBR ones

View attachment 675919

IMO China is the bane of the diving industry and another reason I stick with my old antique gear some is made in Italy some in the USA only my new PDCs are made China, probably and who knows were the fittings and such come from?!?!

I built this when I wanted to simplify side mount I think stowing and unstowing hoses is a pain with thick gloves on...

But I also planned that it could be use to jack in and feed back into my on board rebreather dil... if IP pressure was a bit lower than my sling tanks... you can save onboarding dil unless you really need it.
The 2 Y bcd nipples have small rubber balls inside. And act as check valves as long as there is pressure inside the hoses.
So I can hook up only one bottle
View attachment 675917 View attachment 675918
View attachment 675917
I knew there was a good reason. Good job.

Well I do know basically all hydraulic fittings come from China... even if you get parker or Eaton fittings...

Yes sir we are in deep with that country.

Took the AIR for a short dive today in a nearby lake. Worked great, better than when I last used it and I thought that was good! My regulator tech did a great job!

So now it's get the 50's VIP'd and set this death trap up and make my last dive, then on to the great ocean beyond! :rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom