My NC Wreck Shark Shootout results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome shots. One of these days I'll have to take a drive down from Richmond and do some NC diving. Have been "meaning" to do it for 4 years now.... Haha.

Just do it! :)

I think a buddy and I are going to make a last-minute run down there this weekend. If we can find a boat with seats available. And if the weather forecast is pretty solid. Checking all that later today to make a decision.

Oh, and thank you! :D

Just do it! :)

I think a buddy and I are going to make a last-minute run down there this weekend. If we can find a boat with seats available. And if the weather forecast is pretty solid. Checking all that later today to make a decision.

Oh, and thank you! :D

Yeah I've got some friends that do a lot of NC diving and weather is their biggest complaint about diving down there. Most of the diving seems to be a good boat ride out and there's a good chance you're going to get weathered out.

Weather looking good this weekend out of Wrightsville Beach.

Sand Bars usually seem to me like they are a bit over caffeinated. Only close encounter I have had was on the Markham. Saw a big fin coming over the hull. Big sandy shot up and stopped six feet away, did some sort of hyperactive thing, apparently saw I was not spearing fish, and shot away. Pretty shark. I was shooting a picture. Glanced to the left and my first time ocean diving instabuddy was wide eyed looking back and forth between me and the shark. Her only comment up on deck was, "that was not a sand tiger was it?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom