My Mammoth Femur Bone!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's more shocking is that Colin's bone is so heavy, I had to help carry it to the car :)

Nice find Collin. How did you recognize it? Must have been pretty well covered with sea growth.

Thats a killer find, dude.

Good job

very exiting find, that's for sure

i found this little rusted bullet and was in heaven... wow.. nice find

That is an awesome discovery, Colin! Congratulations! I hope it winds up in a good museum. :thumb:

Why can't I ever find neat things like this on my dives? I usually only find rubbish... :cry:

COLIN- WOW! AMAZING! That is truly a great historic find! You have experienced one of the great thrills I'd like to check off on my life list.

Penny Pue - - - What about (censored) Bleep Bleep...

Very cool find! Which pier were you near? I will be down with my family the last week in July, do you think Alhambra will be diveable by then?

OK.. here are some more pictures of the other bone. One picture shows the two peices together, the smaller black bit on the table is a chunk of turtle shell.

Adurso - we found this approximately 1/3 of a mile south of the Venice Beach Pier (Sharkeys) at about 75 yards past the sand bar in 16' of water. Right at the edge of the reef line. :)

Before we found the mammoth bone, I was pretty darned excited about finding the horse tooth!! It got over-shadowed by the big bone, but I still thought it was pretty cool. It was actually the first thing we found. It was just sitting there on top of the sand as we descended in maybe 7' or 8' of water with nothing else around.

But the big guy was awesome! You should have seen us dragging the pieces to shore. LOL!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom