My Lavacore Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deco_martini

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I went to Bonaire in May and dove 3-5 times a day in Lavacore w/ Lavacore socks.

The suit:
Definitely not made for a body builder. But it kept me warm though it was too snug in some spots. It was a joy putting on vs neoprene. It never had that cold/clammy feel. I didn't have that residual heat loss near the end of the week I get with skins or thin neoprene.

The socks:
Awesome socks. However, as others have pointed out the bit of tacky substance on the bottom to provide grip comes right off w/ light use. I wore mine inside some hard soled boots. It you feel the need to put something on the bottom of the sock as a liability issue, maybe you just have some stitching on the bottom in a zig zag pattern or something instead. It is a good sock even after the rubbery paint comes off.

Overall I'm pleased with my purchases.

Hello deco martini,
I am thinking about buying a lovacore, and just interested to know if after two years you still like and would recommend your lavacore.
Thank you.

OCE-873-3677-5X.jpg

I have been using the shorts for the past six months and really like them. But they are pricey...

My husband and I have the hoods . . . for warmer water, we love them. SO much easier to get on and off than neoprene, and less jaw fatigue.

Ive been using a lavacore hooded vest for about 5 years..the cut is unusual..i think they used 14 year old asian boys for the size models. On the plus side, taking scissors to the arm holes and anywhere else that needed a bit of adjustment has done no harm. Love my lavacore.

This was my review posted a while back.

Back
Top Bottom