My latest purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triggerman365

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay, I think this is a MK5 with an Air1, brand new never used. Got them for $50. The seller didn't know what model it is. Do you all think it is a MK5/Air1? I've never had an Air1, but it seems like they are pretty good breathers, true?
Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 10.06.03 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-07-17 at 10.04.54 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-07-17 at 10.05.40 AM.jpg

I didn't know that the MK10 ever had a chromed yoke saddle.

Good buy, I used an Air 1 for years. Great breather, unfortunately parts are tough to get. I don't think the diaphragm is available at all anymore unless someone has some squirreled away.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Nice score. Yes they are nice breathers. I have 2 in pilot body and they are my favorite regs. You can some times still get diaphragms off ebay or other Air 1
The problem with this reg is after you get used to it most of other regs feel like you are breathing through a straw:)

You're right.......it's a 5.
Should have looked more closely at the pics.

Easy mistake to make. FP, I realise you know this, but for our gentle readers: the easy way to tell-the MK 10 has the ambient chamber holes in the body; the MK 5 ambient chamber holes are in the cap.

Nice find Trigger.

Easy mistake to make. FP, I realise you know this, but for our gentle readers: the easy way to tell-the MK 10 has the ambient chamber holes in the body; the MK 5 ambient chamber holes are in the cap.

I have never noticed that difference. Thanks Conv for pointing it out. I was focusing on the chromed saddle and couldn't find any photos of a MK10 with one.

Right, MK10s have a black plastic saddle, but some of the newer MK5s do too.

Back
Top Bottom