My last reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about using two 260’s, Halo’s or whatever and pack a rebuild kit -just in case. Or alternatively, have the two identical seconds and in the unlikely event one has problems, use the other one, and rent or borrow an octo.

How about using two 260’s, Halo’s or whatever and pack a rebuild kit -just in case. Or alternatively, have the two identical seconds and in the unlikely event one has problems, use the other one, and rent or borrow an octo.
Well, all that, but in addition to the 3 reg sets (Primary, pony, backup for when fit hits the shan, plus a backup octo if I have to ditch the Air 2. (Normally my reg sets are JUST first, second, and inflator hose.) But yeah, carry rebuild kit for the firsts just in case. (recently released data from the prestigious PIOOMA Institue in Bern show the more prepared you are to deal with equipment failure, the less likely an event, ensuring you are screwed by having to carry too much crap, or screwed because you didn't carry too much crap.)

There is plenty of choices...

What you currently have is more than acceptable in terms of quality and performance (unless you have cared for it poorly and ruined it or put so much use on it to have worn it our [thousands of dives]). It seems your problem is either with whomever is servicing your gear, or your lack of proper care for it...

Buying new/other gear is either just replacing what you will trash again, or you will again be in the same boat as it is being incorrectly serviced....

I leave the US for 6 months each year. . I rented 1 time in the Philippines. Never again. Lol
Where are you going and how big is your luggage? Is it all to one place or are you flying every week?

- Tiny village and a backpack: one reg and pray.
- Tiny village and a small bag: extra first and second stage, they're not that big...
- Tiny village and a few checked bags: two complete sets of gear.
- Renowned high tech scuba center: whatever they service.

Where are you going and how big is your luggage? Is it all to one place or are you flying every week?

- Tiny village and a backpack: one reg and pray.
- Tiny village and a small bag: extra first and second stage, they're not that big...
- Tiny village and a few checked bags: two complete sets of gear.
- Renowned high tech scuba center: whatever they service.
I travel around a good bit, Philippines, and Thailand. I will probably buy a service kit when I get back to the US to keep in case of an emergency.
I had it serviced here in the Philippines last month, but did they actually put new parts. No idea. Lol
One my first dive the second stage fell off😂 Welcome to the Philippines. I have always have my gear serviced, and clean it well after each day of diving.
It just seamed strange that my gf's reg breaths so much easier than mine.

If I traveled like that, Id take my LDS's regulator class, and do it all myself.

Consider using regs with user available parts kits, like Hog.

I'm running Dive Rites and Hogs. Want to try Halcyon Halos on my Hog D1......for the fun (bling) of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom