My last reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought the Halo is a G250V.

I am not sure the difference between G250 and G250V, besides “Vintage”.
Right - a 250 series of some sort. Exact pronoun I'm not sure of.

I'm not Simon so I don't profess to be a 250 SME.

G250V locking purge button/seat saver.

I am 60 with around 1500 dives. I am thinking of buying a new regulator set.
I use Dive Rite at this time, but when in other countries I find it hard to get serviced. I am having a problem with it. Actually been like this since it was new. When I invert water comes in while breathing.
I used an Apex in the Philippines that a friend let me use. It breathed so much easier than my Dive Rite. While in Manila I did find a place to have my Dive Rite serviced, but it didn't make a difference.
I want a reg that I can get serviced anywhere in the world that will last for years.
Ha, I think you can change the title as "my next reg" instand.

Trust me, you still a young diver at SB.

The classic set is MK 25/ G260 R195, they can get service everywere even on the liveaboard.

MK11T with a C370 safety and S620ti primary.

Not bad advice. But SP discontinued the MK17 because, well, no one can figure out why. It's kinda still around in the MK19 but that is a huge reg.
Is there a big difference between MK17 and MK17 EVO? I'm seeing EVOs available on LeisurePro...

Arrangement of the ports, and IIRC maybe all the LP ports are "high flow" rather than just one one each side (not that I have trouble breathing off of the "low flow" ones....)

I like the old arrangement better, but I still consider them to be the same reg.

Ha, I think you can change the title as "my next reg" instand.

Trust me, you still a young diver at SB.

The classic set is MK 25/ G260 R195, they can get service everywere even on the liveaboard.
I took it to mean the last one bought (once it's bought), not the last one ever.

Was using an Apex XTX50 until the primary stage body developed a crack. I now have a Scubapro MK25/G260. Great reg. One of the best regs I have use in the last 30+ years. Since the Apek had problems, my local dive shop gave me a great deal on the Scubapro. Scubapro is pricey but I have never had any issues with their equipment. The reg now makes my rig entirely Scubapro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom