My journey into tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maybe because self exsperts are not. , and a lot of people think they know it all, and don't .and god forgive some one doesn't agree with their way of diving (that they have learned in 4 short years )

By the sounds of her post I assume she took her toys and went home in a huff

She doesn’t like people critiquing her.

Understatement of the decade. But we must keep this thread alive.

maybe because self exsperts are not. , and a lot of people think they know it all, and don't .and god forgive some one doesn't agree with their way of diving (that they have learned in 4 short years )
When is your course with her? Regardless, hopefully you have been mentoring her remotely on the use of doubles. I think she plans to go on the dive trip soon.

From what I can gather in other posts, she has dove with doubles but hasn’t provided any information about her training on how to use them. Understanding failure modes, Pacticing Valve drills, OOA donation, etc.

It’s disappointing, this was really getting interesting. Some good techniques and constructive criticism was being offered. I hope she comes back.

guruboy first I never discuss students with any one not connected with them that's un professional (youll find that out on your IDC). second how the hell do you get experience if you don't dive ? show up with doubles on a course and expect to be great with them after what 4-6 dives ? what do you think WE did 25 years ago ? WE DOVE ....couldn't wait around for the gue gods to show us as THEY didn't exists yet guess im gone too

guruboy first I never discuss students with any one not connected with them that's un professional (youll find that out on your IDC). second how the hell do you get experience if you don't dive ? show up with doubles on a course and expect to be great with them after what 4-6 dives ? what do you think WE did 25 years ago ? WE DOVE ....couldn't wait around for the gue gods to show us as THEY didn't exists yet guess im gone too

you're right. what could possibly go wrong diving doubles with minimal training or education?

the way things were done 25 years ago are rarely the best way to do things today.

that's what you took from the post ? nowonder she left

Not everyone or every type of diving fits in a box. Any class is a mere starting point and even an OW basic class can lead you in the wrong direction depending on the diving you’ll do. The farther up the tree you go, the more speciality branches you’ll find and IMO, the box doesn’t apply.

Dive and dive often. Try this or that. What makes YOU comfortable is where it’s at and you can always learn something new, even if it doesn’t fit in your system.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom