My journey into tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use those brownish thin abrasive discs and WEAR GOGGLES.

Haha! I won’t be doing it. That’s what guy friends are for! :wink:

I’ve always had issues with my left shoulder strap falling off regardless of how tight or loose my shoulder straps are. The video about the small plate showed how a standard plate can contribute to that due to the straps sitting wider on a person with small shoulders. It then showed they sit closer to the neck with the small plate, which is narrower. That video was very enlightening.
Meridith will be in Chicago during August to run a fundamentals class. Even if you don’t want to take fundies you should get her to spend a morning or afternoon in the water with you. But you should take fundies, there or somewhere else. Catalina Island is pretty cold if you fear growing soft if you dive in 70 degree water in cave country.

Chances are it won’t slide but they provide nice insurance from unintentional adjustments.

Having them there only makes it marginally more effort to adjust the harness.
I got told by Meridith to put one there after I kept yanking the harness too tight. If that is what you are doing it helps.

Meridith will be in Chicago during August to run a fundamentals class. Even if you don’t want to take fundies you should get her to spend a morning or afternoon in the water with you. But you should take fundies, there or somewhere else. Catalina Island is pretty cold if you fear growing soft if you dive in 70 degree water in cave country.

I have no clue who the heck Meridith is. No urge to do Fundies. August is booked - ITT in the Great White North and diving the Great Lakes every chance I get.

Perhaps a cheap pair of bolt cutters to size them down? Sandpaper to finish, if needed.

Just stating the obvious, but be careful while adjusting the bolts with the bands already on filled tanks.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom