My Indonesian Love Affair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. I can even see the eye.
Yeah.. I had the same thought too, I am not sure Nudibranches have eyes.
It was a funny fellow that also stood for a "hands up" pose..

Thanks for your comment s anyway, Dan, Lamarpaulski and all.

Thanks also to the a**hole that forwarded me an invitation to a begnner photo class in my flickr account (So funny, I've had several of these fake PMs from nolife dudes who clearly have some resentment since I posted a while ago what I thought of their favorite dive spot. Get a life will you, careful with your belly and your beer drinking and most importantly remember : no girls younger than 18 yo., Okay? )

I googled "snooted" to learn what it is, so I am no where near your league in photography. I borrowed my daughters GoPro for my avatar photo. But I am still happy to see what others can do.

Maybe you people with 10 trips to Indonesia have just gotten jaded by all the awesomeness. On my first trip to Tulamben (stayed at Liberty) this past June I was astounded by the macro life. I'm not a photographer, but I had my trusty underwater magnifier.

Where do you recommend to stay, Luko?

In the mid range, I usually stay at Tauch Tulamben, german swiss accomodation, very tidy gardens, 2 pools, all breezy rooms facing the sea, I like their breakfast and coffee too. Besides that they're located very near my favorite nightdive spot (the slope), so it takes me only 10 minutes after surfacing to enjoy a hot shower, it's in the centre of Tulamben hence you can walk out for some of the few restaurants (My vote goes to warung Komang, live music every other day, Matahari restaurant would be my second choice. Deco Stop is disgusting, avoid Sandhya too.).

If you're looking for even less expensive but still excellent Q/P ratio, I would say Puri Madha, just in front of the wreck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom