My Husbands old equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Melinapie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband still has most of his gear from the 70's he has a back plate, a setup for making a twin 50's or 80' with J valve, US Divers Yellow horse collar BC w/ auto inflater, A Dacor Horse collar BC orange and black, Dacor 2 hose regulator, Us divers 2 hose regulator with pressure gauge port, and a sea voice for talking underwater. He is the original owner of most of the gear and it is all in good working condition. Is there any value in this gear? This regulator must be a POS since it looks like it has never been used before.:shark2::shark2::shark2::shark2:

Attachments

• DSC09565.jpg
    DSC09565.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC09564.jpg
    DSC09564.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Why do you ask?

Whew!

Reading the title of this thread, I thought that this was going to be a rather mean, personal attack on your aging husband's ******.

Some vintage gear is sought after by those who wish to dive it. A lot of the value depends on the availibilty of aftermarket or NOS parts to keep it overhauled and safe to use. The Dacor reg has limited value as there is not many parts readily available to work on Dacors. They tend to not perform as well as Voit or USD gear. The US Divers reg is a better candidate for restoration as it can be rebuilt to better than new condition. Dive accessories vary in price according to their rarity. Just because a piece of dive gear is old does not make it valuable. A lot has to do with the brand or whether or not the piece of gear used was "just like the one used by Mike Nelson in Sea Hunt or like the one used by 007 in Thunderball, etc".

Like James said, the Dacors command a lot less than other regs. My guess on Ebay the reg would bring $75 maybe $100 but you never know, for whatever reason (ignorance I suspect) there are times items will bring way more than they are worth....and on occasion a lot less.

Thanks for all of your imput.

The Dacor regulator is the older style "Dial-a-Breath" before they came out with the R-4. This actually is a pretty good regulator, performance wise. It is not as good as a DA Aquamaster, but much better than the DA Aqua Lung. It had a venturi and a very simple second stage lever system. The diaphragms are an older, tougher style than the R-4, and it probably does not need much so far as a rebuild is concerned. This regulator was designed to be maintained with simply a screw driver, a wrench and a pair of pliers. It was a very tough ol' regulator, and was used a lot for ice diving due to its reliability. If you put it on E-Bay, someone may recognize it as a vintage regulator in very good, probably dive worthy right now, regulator.

SeaRat

It's worth whatever your husband can sell it for- if he wants to, that is. I just hope the inquiry isn't for assessing a divorce settlement.:rtfm:

This regulator must be a POS since it looks like it has never been used before.

Surely you must know - put it on eBay and see what you get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom