My first try

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuriousMe

Reaction score
Vacation's over, back on the ship right in time fo
Hey everyone,

So after a lot of lurking here, I finally got a housing for my Oly C3000 (I got the Pt 010).

So attached is a link to some of my first tries. I didn't do anything special this time as far as using A/S/M I just used P. I'm assuming that my photos will pretty much remain blue until I get a strobe?

Any and all recomendations welcome....hope you like them!

Peace,
Cathie

http://www.photoaccess.com/share/guest.jsp?ID=AAA6FC260C0&cb=PA

Wow!
Very nice... You only used the internal flash, correct?
I have a 5050 and no strobe and I am going out on my first live aboard in 4 days.. (Blackbeard's ...Woohoo)... I'd be thrilled if my pictures turn out as good as yours.
Where were they taken?

Great shots for a first time. None of my first shots turned out. My second either for that matter. Your macro shots are very clear and detailed. Looks like a strobe is in your future for those further snaps. Great Job!!!!!!
:)

Great shots! Very good for anyone, great for a first time!

Yes...a strobe is all you need to get rid of the blue, with 3-4 ft. No strobe is going to reach farther than that.

I can highly recommend the Sea & Sea YS90DX strobe. :eek:ut:

Thanks for the kind words....and yes, it seems that there will be a strobe in my future <grin>.

Peace,
Cathie

I was going to buy a strobe for my trip.. But it looks like a portable snow shovel might be more appropriate..THis weather sucks...
I heard a Sea & Sea DX-90 is supposed to be awesome.. Any comments? Does anybody have the correct Sea&Sea part number for the sync cable to hook things up to a C5050 in a PT-015 housing?

So I'm checking out the Sea & Sea YS90DX that Dee was talking about.

Dee, do you use it as manual, or does it trigger when your camera flash goes?

Peace,
Cathie

CuriousMe once bubbled...
So I'm checking out the Sea & Sea YS90DX that Dee was talking about.

Dee, do you use it as manual, or does it trigger when your camera flash goes?

Peace,
Cathie

I use my YS90DX as a slave off the cameras internal flash. It connects with a fiber optic cable. Which means the internal flash triggers the strobe to flash according to the strength setting used.

It has 12 manual settings making it one of the most versatile strobes on the market. It can also be hardwired via a sync cord through other housings and cameras equally well.

Sparky...you can go to Underwater Digital to find the fiber optic cable connection for your PT-015.

I'm totally satisfied with my strobe. The fiber optic cable is very secure and stays out of the way. It is very easy to change the settings on the fly. I find that I change settings as my depth changes, which makes sense....the deeper I am, the less light available, the stronger the strobe needs to be. I'm sure there's a more technical way to say that! With fully charged 1800NiMH batteries, using the strobe for every shot, I have gotten 3 dives off a set of batteries. But I change them every other dive just in case! :wink:

How well does the strobe with with the pre-flash? I'm pretty sure my olympus 3030 uses a pre-flash but I could be mistaken. I've got a PT-010 and I'm thinking it's time to get a strobe. I've got some prize cash I won towards Sea & Sea product I'd like to use.

Thanks for the help.

-Jon

Back
Top Bottom