My first table tennis lesson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the sound..my dad always told me to "listen" to gnip gnop, that would be "ping pong" spelled backwards. the sound is key, Soggy to get into the game...it's hypnotic.

Guess you are up to putting the spin on?

Oh...

The speed on the ball on a kill shot... about 100 MPH!

I watched three times knowing ahead of time that it was coming.... never saw the ball!

catherine96821:
I like the sound..my dad always told me to "listen" to gnip gnop, that would be "ping pong" spelled backwards. the sound is key, Soggy to get into the game...it's hypnotic.

Guess you are up to putting the spin on?

Did you know that there is a different sound for each type of shot? For instance, on a loop drive the sound is very soft because the pad barely slices over the top of the ball... that's what gives it the tremendous top spin... but on a counter stroke the sound is a loud pop because the contact is much flatter.

Ya... it's ALL in the spin. I thought that I had pretty good spin control but after seeing what these guys do I realize that I know nothing!

OHGoDive:
You're excited about this, aren't you?

Oh... ya!

I have always loved the game... mostly the speed and power and the jazz you get from reacting by instinct... no thought... no time for thought... just mind and body acting as one! I love it!

OK, I'm just drunk enough to watch those videos. The first one I could follow- I was even thinking gnip, gnop as I listened to the rhythm. I like the slapping part- kinda reminded me of African drumming...

The second one, I just had no clue what was going on? Which one was the kid from the first video? Those guys didn't look like they there that good- they kept missing shots and it looked like the ball was going everywhere. Of course, if the balls are zipping around at 100mph, it starts to make sense, but I cound't even tell who was making the shots and who was missing them. :confused:

Anywhozzle, it does look interesting and I can see how it would be a startling revelation to realize that you are out of your league. When are you gonna post a video of you playing?

Played in my first tourney this past weekend... Arizona Olympics Winter Games... I (we) won a Bronze in recreational doubles!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom