My first serious pictures with 5060W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee:
JD....you might want to turn auto focus off and just use manual spot focus. Not only have I had better luck with it on my 5050, it saves your battery because the camera isn't constantly hunting something to focus on.

Thanx for the advice, i will try that

ReyeR:
Dee, do you mean turn 'Fulltime' autofocus off and just use normal autofocus but in spot mode? Or do you mean turn autofocus off altogether and use manual focus?

JDVink, use a spotting/focus light when using autofocus (spot or iESP), like a dive torch with a diffused beam. Depending on how bright your focus light is and if there are 'hotspots' you may have to use a faster shutterspeed and/or smaller aperture so you don't record the torch light in you photo.

Thanx, i will try that

thanxs, i will "converd" my Sea & Sea tray and attach a pilot lamp. I try if this does the trick.

Hej Johan.
Jeg synes det er nogle meget gode billeder du har taget.
Jeg bruger selv en kraftig halogenlygte både til at hjælpe med autofokus, men også til at belyse selve objektet. (En slags fotolys).
Du kan se mine resultater fra Strömstad på nedenstående link.
Dejligt at høre fra en der bruger samme gear som en selv og så fra DK, Fedt. Vis endelig nogle flere af dine billeder.

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/25303

JDVink:
Hello,

here are my first examples off pictures i took in Denmark.
i am content with the first results.

Question: in low light condtions i have difficulties to get my pictures "sharp" even in with auto focus on. Has anybody suggestions to overcome this problem.

Hey Guru,

I 'm not form denmark so i have a problem when i try to understand your message.
I'm from the netherlands.

l like your photo's!

Sorry,
I try in english instead.
I have the same gear as you, but i use a powerful hologentorch both for autofocus help and to light up the object. It works out very well. Maybe your body can manage that task!
Hope you enjoyed the trip to Denmark....

JDVink:
Hey Guru,

I 'm not form denmark so i have a problem when i try to understand your message.
I'm from the netherlands.

l like your photo's!

Hello GURU,

Thanks for the advice, i tried to use my torch but then my pictures are over exposed.
What settings do you use for the internal flash?

I use slow 1, but i also adjust the power of the flash by pressing the 2 buttons at the side of the camera at same time.

JDVink:
Hello GURU,

Thanks for the advice, i tried to use my torch but then my pictures are over exposed.

JDVink:
Hello GURU,

Could it be that your torch has a 'hot spot' that is being recorded as over exposed? In that case you will need to diffuse the torch light so it's more even. Also, if you use 'M' shooting mode you can use a faster shutterspeed so the focus assist light is not recorded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom