My first regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking for an MK 11 set with Octo. Any suggestions on where to get especially on sale would be great. I am based in SF, CA.

Looking for an MK 11 set with Octo. Any suggestions on where to get especially on sale would be great. I am based in SF, CA.
The only way you’ll get one on sale cheaper than new would be to buy used.
If you buy new the best you’ll be able to expect “on sale” would be 10% off MRP from an authorized dealer - that’s the max per manufacturer mandated pricing schedule.
If you go to a Scubapro dealer today they will probably give you black Friday 10% off.
I don’t know what dive shops are in SF.
Marin Diving Center and Seal’s Water Sports up in Santa Rosa are both SP authorized dealers.

Check out Diver Dan’s in Santa Clara. No idea on BF pricing, but they generally have good prices on SP stuff.

Hello everyone, here looking for regulator tips for my Christmas present 🙂🎄🎁
After having a really bad experience with rented regulator malfunctions in my last dive trip in Komodo - to the point where I had to abort at Batu Bolong and book another expensive boat trip for another day with another dive center - I think I deserve a treat for this Xmas

I usually dive 20-25 days/ year and I have to travel for it, so I need a lightweight one.
I would need a DIN for my usual destinations, mostly Egypt and tropical places, it should work fine for up to 40m, perform well with Nitrox and be in the midrange from a price perspective. I would love to have a swivel 1st stage, a comfy mouthpiece for the 2nd stage, a simple SPG and a port for integrating air consumption with my computer.

I am hesitating now between Apeks XL4 OCEA , Oceanic Alpha 10 and Aqualung Legend Elite.
Found them on an European website and they have a nice 15% discount.. I am confused though because I cannot find the weight for the Aqualung, 1st and 2nd stage plus hoses, and I’m afraid is on the heavy side…

Any thoughts and advices?
What do you use and what do you love about it?
The weight never seems to be a big deal to me .I use mares 82x ultra and love them my girlfriend has them as well and her only complaint is she seems to hit her head sometimes on them depending if someone else hooks her bc up. So most of the time now she dives with the mk11s we have. And I know a lot of people don't talk about mares but I absolutely love them !!

Check out Diver Dan’s in Santa Clara. No idea on BF pricing, but they generally have good prices on SP stuff.
Both they and Bamboo Reef are great. Replacing some equipment I bought at Bamboo Reef and Diver Dan's in 1987........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom