My first pictures with my first UW camera!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scrubbo:
Those were done with the internal strobe and a 'diffuser' set up on the housing. The camera was pretty much in 'point and click' mode with the strobe set to 'always'.

I credit the decent shots to the HUGE screen on the camera. It made it way easier to see how badly I'd messed up the shots and correct what I was doing as I went. There were a LOT of really bad shots to go with a handful of decent ones.

(Also, I got video of the sea lions! WOO!)

Outstanding! Congratulations. I've got a Bonica Sea-Pix housing (I think it's called) and a Mercury digital camera, and looking forward to trying them out. I don't have a diffuser or any external strobe, so that's why I asked. Congratulations, again. :)

Can the bonica housing take a diffuser? My diffuser isn't built in to the housing, it's a collar that slips over the tunnel the lense projects into. I'd think that every housing would have at least an optional diffuser add on, and they shouldn't be expensive at all. It's just a piece of plastic, basically.

Nice sea lions!!! I love them!

I just purchased a Fuji F11 -- same as the F10, but with shutter speed and aperture controls -- for some reason it was never sold in the US, so I had to get it grey market.

Anyhow, am getting a housing and am interested in its performance compared to my old Canon S300, which floated away on a wreck trip in Canada :(

I am most excited to test out its low light capabilities -- which will allow me to avoid using the flash and getting backscatter. At the same time, it is pretty rare to have enough light at depth, so I wonder if I will have to force the flash most of the time and still deal with the scatter. Regardless, it will be nice to have the higher ISOs.

Have you found anything unusual or little tips with the F10 underwater?

Louie

Very nice pictures. I look at those and then look at others with a Sea and Sea or Reefmaster and I ask myself do these people have any clue what they could have brought for the same money

Back
Top Bottom