My First Non-Swamp Dive! USS Oriskany!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, you didn't let me know about this one?!? Come on!!! Well, good to know the Big O hasn't claimed her first official victims yet. She looks tempting too!

PvilleStang:
Man, you didn't let me know about this one?!? Come on!!! Well, good to know the Big O hasn't claimed her first official victims yet. She looks tempting too!

hehe...hey man...well, this was a last minute decision for us to get out there!

Do you know if Austin Aqua Sports is still doing night dives at Mansfield every tues and thurs?

BTW, I think there has been one death on Big O, but I think it was a heart attack or something....

There were some tech divers on our boat too. Diving doubles, tri mix, with scoots....pretty cool stuff!

The death was a dude that had a heart attack on the surface, which was ruled a non-diving incident. (I think its in the diving accidents and incidents on thedecostop.com) I'm not sure if Mike's still out there every T/Th since he's been working on his boat a lot lately. Give the shop a call and ask what's the deal.

Kevin

I was fortunate enough to dive the Oriskany in August. It was my second set of ocean dives after the Flower Gardens. The pictures were wonderful and made me smile again at the memory of such an incredible dive! Thank you. On our trip we had the good fortune to be surrouded on the hang line by a pod of dolphins! I can now cross seeing dolphins in the wild off my life list of things to see and do.

fallcreek196:
I was fortunate enough to dive the Oriskany in August. It was my second set of ocean dives after the Flower Gardens. The pictures were wonderful and made me smile again at the memory of such an incredible dive! Thank you. On our trip we had the good fortune to be surrouded on the hang line by a pod of dolphins! I can now cross seeing dolphins in the wild off my life list of things to see and do.

Wow! Seeing Dolphins in the wild are on my list too. I was SOOO hoping that they would be out there. We saw them both days from the boat, but not in the water :(
That's very cool that you got to see them, and I'm glad my pics help refresh some memories. It's a great dive. I'm gonna go back in a few years after some more sealife builds up on it. It's already a great dive, and it's only going to get better!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom